Hisar Innovation Center
The Hisar Innovation Center is planned to be the hub for teaching and learning with STEAM-focused programs which have common and outreaching goals of improving K-12 education, including professional development, community interactions, and broader impacts. With all aspects, the Center intends to boost the existing quality of education at Hisar which is positioned as a national and international leader in the field of education.
In order to understand the mission of the Hisar Innovation Center, there is a need for a clear understanding of STEAM disciplines. STEAM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics. For a high quality STEAM education plan, these disciplines are assumed as not just as standalone courses but an inclusively integrated group of subjects as in real life. According to our educational philosophy, STEAM Education is crucial not only for Science and Math based courses but also for Social Sciences and Humanities. In our STEAM education model, the purpose is to teach for a more innovative world by developing critical thinking, to make use of the knowledge and methodology of engineering and/or technology and to solve real-world problems with creativity and design skills.
As the evidence based best practices inside and outside the school will shape the structure of the Hisar Innovation Center, it will welcome professionals/parents in STEAM fields, motivate interested Hisar staff and students to take part in the science, engineering and other STEAM initiatives, and inform the school administrators to support the advancement of STEAM initiatives for students.
With the focal of STEAM education in harmony with Hisar Schools mission and vision, STEAM has the following fundamental goals;
- To promote STEAM learning activities with an experiential education that excites, engages, and enriches through a hands-on, learn-by-doing approach for Hisar School students including creativity and critical thinking skills
- To maintain PreK-12 horizontal and vertical alignment and provide a cumulative base for horizontal alignment
- To promote opportunities for authentic learning between students and professionals in STEAM fields
- To increase educational, physical and logistical opportunities for teachers to increase the quality of STEAM based applications.
- To develop sustainability projects with environmental citizenship focus for grades PreK-12
As there is an ongoing study which includes more detailed plans for the future of the Innovation Center, this introduction is intentionally published as an abstract to make Hisar Family be informed about the Innovation Center kickoff.