The aim of Hisar High School Social Sciences Department is to allow students discover codes and global values of life through a critical view instead of transferring knowledge like a pile. To do that teachers introduce events without grounding to “marginalization”. All contents and activities are structured by this approach.
In all grades; announcements, exam topics, unit booklets, worksheets, additional texts and project topics are shared through Google Classroom.
Knowledge of events and phenomenon are structured spirally regarding to basic concepts from grade 9 to 12 in Social Sciences course. Experiencing basic skills and transferring them to real life is aimed.
Expected basic skills are as follows.
- Analytical thinking
- Critical thinking
- Perceiving and interpreting space and time
- Associating links between events and phenomenon
- Applying norms and values of human rights
- Thinking and interpreting in consideration with universal values
- Interpreting visual objects
- Note-taking and forming a text