Student Support Units
Student Support Units, which operate under the Financial and Administrative Affairs Directorate of our school, ensure that the processes are managed and developed in the most effective way for all School stakeholders, covering security, disaster, emergency risk management, nutrition, technical services, cleaning and transportation.
The supplier company, which provides service with 19 personnel in our school, has ISO 9001-2015 / 14001-2015 / OHSAS 18001-2007 / TS 12782 certificates. Institution buildings are monitored with a closed circuit camera system 24 hours a day, both indoors and outdoors. The school is surrounded by a wire fence and a special wire that is protected. Night patrols have special tour hours.
As Hisar School, it is our priority to provide our students with a healthy and balanced diet with food produced under hygienic conditions.
Food service at our school is carried out by Sardunya Catering and our meals are prepared and cooked in our fully equipped professional kitchen located on our campus.
Sardunya Catering has ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 22000 Food Safety, ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 10002 Customer Satisfaction Management systems and is audited and accredited by the Turkish Standards Institute every year. Under the supervision of the Meal Committee (child nutrition experts, two Parent-Teacher Association representatives, relevant Deputy Managers, representatives of catering companies), the catering company provides meals that are suitable for the needs of our children in developmental age, and whose calorie is calculated in a healthy environment. Our catering company also has a food engineer in our school.
In our school, our students are provided with three meals a day: morning meal, lunch and afternoon meal. Morning, afternoon meals and lunch are included in the tuition fee. Meals served are prepared daily in our school kitchens. The menus are prepared monthly by dietitians, according to the daily calorie needs of the students, under the leadership of an academician whose area of expertise is child nutrition. The final form of the monthly menus is determined by the members of the Meal Committee meeting once a month. Dining Hall and School Canteen controls are carried out by the School Doctor and the School Occupational Safety Specialist in the form of announced/unannounced inspections.
Mealtime is seen as a part of education. During this process, our pre-school and primary school students have a quality interaction with their classroom teachers. However, they make their own choices from the salad bar to develop their independence skills. Our monthly menus at all School levels can be accessed from the Quick Access section of our website.
We strongly remind you to forward your complaints and suggestions regarding the nutrition of our students to the School Administration via the official e-mail address of the Food Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Basic Principles in Menu and Meal Preparation Processes
Our basic principles regarding the preparation of menus and meals are as follows:
- The menus are prepared monthly according to the daily calorie needs of the students by Nutrition and Diet Specialists, dietitians and food engineers, whose specialization is child nutrition, and are published on the school website after they are evaluated by the Food Committee.
- Food Committee consists of the relevant Vice School Principals, School Doctor, School OHS Specialist, Parent-Teacher Association representatives, relevant school administrators and Sardunya Catering representatives. Student Unions are also invited periodically to the Food Committee, which meets once a month, and their opinions are taken.
- All personnel working in food production are subject to internal audit within the quality system by Sardunya company, within this scope, legal hygiene training is given, and the porter is monitored in terms of examination.
- Dining Hall and School Canteen controls are carried out by the School Doctor, School Occupational Safety Specialist and the Food Committee in the form of announced/unannounced inspections, taking into account the regulations of the Ministry of National Education and the Ministry of Health.
- In terms of food safety, witness samples are taken from each of the products produced daily, provided that they are stored for 72 hours.
- There is a purification/filtering system, and drinking and utility water is systematically sent for microbiological and chemical analysis.
- The meal order consists of three meals in total, two snacks (morning and afternoon) and a main meal (lunch) in Preschool, Primary and Middle Schools.
- There are four kinds of food for lunch and 6 kinds of products in the salad bar, one of which is a meal with olive oil. Yoghurt or ayran is also served daily.
- Daily milk is given in a 1 liter tetra pack box in Preschool, Primary School and Middle Schools every morning. (Pasteurized milk can be used in exceptional periods when production and supply difficulties are experienced.)
- All of the healthy snacks offered to students at snacks are produced under hygienic conditions and in the School kitchen.
- Meals are cooked with olive oil; butter is used only in rice. Margarine is not used in meals.
- Steam cooking method is preferred in air-o-steam ovens for meals; frying method crispy zucchini, female leg meatballs, etc. used in the preparation of foods. Used oils are not used again. Potato garnishes are prepared using the steam method in the oven.
- Desserts preferred in the menus consist of healthy milk desserts. Desserts are used in the school kitchen with glucose syrup, fructose syrup, etc. It is produced without the use of additives.
- A birthday cake is given to students born in that month on the first Wednesday of every month. Samples from World Cuisine are offered periodically.
- Vegetables and fruits are supplied on the day and fresh in accordance with the season.
- Meat is supplied in carcass form from the company’s meat production facility. Döner and meatball preparation and production processes are carried out in the school kitchen. Meat/chicken bouillon is not used in meals.
- Legumes and dry foods are supplied from companies that have the business registration certificate issued by the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock, ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 quality certificates.
- Breads produced in Istanbul Halk Ekmek production facilities with the packaging system are served at meals. Bread types are 50 gr whole wheat bread and 50 gr plain bread.
- The product supply chain is carried out in two stages. After the acceptance of the goods at the company’s central warehouses is approved by the quality control committee, food engineer, and veterinarian, and after the acceptance of the goods in the school kitchen warehouses is approved by the quality control committee, 1 food engineer and 3 dieticians, the products are made available for use by entering the warehouses.
- Warehouse, production, presentation areas and service equipment of kitchens and canteens are cleaned and disinfected daily.
Product Brands Used in the Kitchen
The following product brands are used in all meals offered to our students:
- Milk and dairy products: Sütaş/Pınar/Sek
- Olive oil: Kırlangıç/Komili
- Butter: Sütaş/Pınar
- Red Meat: From the company’s production facilities
- Chicken/Turkey : Banvit/Keskinoglu
- Legumes: Milled, types of rice baldo, bulgur head, bean dermason, chickpea ram head
- Pastas: Filiz
- Tomato Paste: Tukaş
- Flour: Ova
- Vegetables and Fruits: Procured from the Market
- Bread: Istanbul Bread
Safe Life on Campus: Occupational Safety, Disaster and Emergency Risk Management
In line with the Occupational Health and Safety Law No. 6331, implementations and inspections in accordance with the legislation are carried out, and necessary improvements are made together with the OHS board, of which an Occupational Safety Specialist and an Occupational Physician are members. Civil defense, earthquake, fire, natural disaster etc. In order to be prepared for situations, our measures and processes are regularly updated and audited. In our school, preparations are made regularly to identify possible hazards within the boundaries of the campus within the scope of risk analysis, to take necessary preventive measures, and to intervene in cases that cannot be prevented. The subcontractors we receive services from also act within this plan. Emergency plans have been prepared in order to prevent injuries to students, personnel and visitors, to stop education and training activities partially or completely, and to prevent the environment from being adversely affected in any extraordinary situation that may occur, and are revised every year. There is an earthquake resistance report of the institution buildings, a separate assembly area for each school building, and a disaster preparedness warehouse with the necessary materials and equipment outside the school buildings to be used in possible emergencies. Institution buildings are under guarantee with elementary insurance policies. Awareness of safe living is reinforced with trainings and practices that are planned every year, including students, employees and parents.
Please click to review Hisar School’s Disaster, Emergency, Risk and Crisis Management Plans.
The supplier company, which provides cleaning services with 34 personnel in our school, has ISO 9001-2015 / 14001-2015 / OHSAS 18001 / TS 12524 certificates. Cleaning service is carried out by using appropriate machinery, equipment and qualified chemical materials, by identifying hygiene risks.
Campus Technical – Internal Services
The school campus is established on an area of approximately 24,000 m2. The floor of the school buildings is 11,400 m2, and the total closed area is 30,675 m2. Internal services such as electricity, plumbing, carpentry, gardening, maintenance and repair works, as well as internal services such as tea stoves, consultation are carried out by institutions accredited by the Ministry, with systematic controls.
The supplier company, which provides service with 51 student shuttles in the public transportation of our students, has OHSAS 18001-2007 / ISO 37001-2016 / 27001-2013 / 22301-2012 / 14001-2015 / 10002-2014 / 9001-2015 / TS 12257 certificates. All of the shuttle vehicles have hostesses who make necessary reminders for the safety of students during their journey. All vehicles are equipped with seat belts and telephones that our students will use for their safety during the journey. The route of each shuttle vehicle is planned in a way that minimizes the time our students will spend in the shuttle.