Prep Year English Program aims to bring students in B2 level of English proficiency by taking CEFR (Common European Framework of References for Languages) into consideration.
The objectives of Hisar High School Prep Program are as follows.
- Developing techniques to analyze academic texts in English language,
- Critical reading; reading and analytical analysis; authentic literary texts, cultural discoveries; deduction, literary culture in different genders,
- Composing formal and informal paragraphs that are expository, argumentative and evaluative and taking academic texts of the writing process to a further level
- Devising strategies for confidence development to be able to use target language in many situations and having a good command in language,
- Conducting daily exercises to get familiar with different tones, dialects and pronunciations of target language at home and school,
- Developing 21st century digital literacy by focusing on educational objectives and achievements.
- Grammar: Pearson: Grammar Practice
- Reading: A Christmas Carol, Time Capsule, Gladiator, Braveheart, DNA, Mud City, The Giver, Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Red Dog
- Writing: Sentence to paragraph (informal & formal; literary & academic
- Speaking: L2-target language immersion and instruction
- Listening: L2-target language immersion and instruction; foreign film study
- Technology: 1:1 ICT-driven curriculums
Turkish Language and Literature
Turkish language education is designed so as to orientate new prep students to school and prepare them for their future studies in literature.
At this level, reading comprehension and transferring information through verbal and written skills are emphasized. Genres such as essay, story, poem, novel are comprehended. Basic knowledge is acquired for text analysis methods in future studies through texts from Turkish and world literature.
Course Books: “Birikim” Lecture Notes; Beyaz Gemi, Cengiz Aytmatov
Aim of the course is to comprehend Math in English language and to further develop thinking and problem-solving skills. Education program is based on being able to express what they learn in English. The program consolidates a strong foundation for students and forms a comprehension level in students for their future studies in high school.
Course subjects are as follows:
- Analyzing natural numbers, whole numbers, rational numbers and decimal numbers
- Transforming words into symbols
- Operations and their features,
- Linear equations and solving questions,
- Prime numbers & Divisibility
- Graphic calculator & Least Common Multiples
- Coordinate Plane
- Linear Inequalities and Inequality Systems
- Ratio and Proportion
High School Prep Science Program is organized as; introduction to biology, chemistry, physics. The program emphasizes basic terminology in science courses.